Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Karate Kid Kicks Up Interest in Self Defense at the Box Office

Just like everyone else after seeing the first Karate Kid movie two decades ago, I had preconceived notions that if I went to the new Karate Kid movie (June 11th)  that it would be like most of these action sequels. Boy, was I surprise for two reasons.

First reason: Jaden Smith (Will Smith's son, Pursuit of Happiness) and Jackie Chan both delivered a powerful performance, and I am soooooooooooooooooo glad I saw this in the theaters.

There are parts of the movie, of which I will not ruin for you that does make a grown man cry, but every childhood memory some of us little guys have from the school play yard bullies came alive. I remember when I was in the 5th grade and very skinny, and shy, the bigger kids would pick on me.

But as soon as I took Judo, became a brown belt, and later Karate, not only did people leave me alone, but it gave me confidence in just about everything. There is a message in this movie, and I will buy you lunch if you can not figure this one out. Thumbs up, 9+ (out of 10) must see with your family, especially teenage boys.



Oh the second reason, too: The movie was filmed entirely in China, which even if you do not like the karate sessions, or bully scenes, you will love the huge Wall and the visuals are breathtaking.
Must see movie. Look for The Karate Kid II soon, save me some popcorn please.

Hey, FYI Little Caesars, which sells hot delicious pizza's for $5 is giving away free autographed posters from the movie at each outlet. Don't forget to get a Pepsi to wash it down, too.
Pepperoni is my favorite. What's yours?


MAYO PR - "We don't guarantee media, we just get it!"