Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston's sudden death shocks the music world on the eve of the Grammys - Rock Artist Kristen Faulconer: "OMG, I'm shocked"


“Oh my gosh, that’s terrible,” said 2012 Artist in Music “Best Rock” and “Best Pop” Nominee Kristen Faulconer, after hearing the new of Whitney Housing dead at age 48.

Kristen Faulconer on the red carpet,Key Club
“I’m so sad, she was a big influence on so many people globally,” she said. “I loved the movie ‘The Bodyguard’ and her song ‘I will Always Love You’ was one of my favorite songs. I always attempted to sing in her range as a young girl, she pushed me to be a better vocalist and in a way I idolized her,” Faulconer said.

Music legends, friends and guests showing up for the annual Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday night were abuzz with the news of the death of Whitney Houston, who died earlier in her room on the fourth floor at the hotel.  Clive Davis, who was her friend and mentor did not cancel his party saying Whitney Houston would have wanted to go as planned.

Kristen Faulconer, who attended several Pre-Grammy events, also attended the 2012 Artist in Music Awards at the Key Club, Friday (2-10-12), where she was nominated for “Best Rock Artist” and “Best Pop Artist”. 

The Music Awards creates a music platform, which not only promotes, but spotlights the best unsigned independent music artists from around the world in Hollywood during 
Grammys week.
Faulconer’s song "Slow Down" Feat was nominated in the Original Song-Video Game Category, at The Hollywood Music and Media Awards 2011. Sponsors for Faulconer’s red carpet and ceremony include: Kimikal Couture (the dress), Joel Mosely/Personal Trainer, The Sound Bakery Production, David Dance Italy and the NeverEndingStage.com.  
Faulconer’s music is about empowering and uplifting people. “I am an abuse survivor, and I wrote many of my songs about the abuse I endured and also my struggles with being adopted,” said Faulconer. “Now that I am rehabilitated, my mission is to use my music to inspire and help people in the same situation, as well as those who are dealing with any struggles in their lives.”
 
Whitney Houston, who ruled as pop music's queen until drug abuse ravaged her image, along with a challenging marriage to singer Bobby Brown, which  AP said included a charge of Domestic abuse against him in 1993.
2012 Artist in Music Awards

Faulconer also recently launched a movement against abuse to help other victims cope. Her Group, “Revolution Against Abuse” has already quite a following on https://www.facebook.com/groups/134601396658000/ 


MAYO PR - "We don't guarantee media,
we just get it!"